Cinnamon Ring Pickles
- Ready In:
12 pint jars
- 1st day; peel and slice large cucumbers enough to make 2 gallons.
- put 2 cups lime juice with 2 gallons water let stand overnight.in a crock or plastic pail.
- 2nd day; drain cucumbers and wash well. soak in cold water 2 hours, set aside.
- mix; 1 cup dark vinegar ,1 small bottle red food color, 1 tbls alum with 3 qts water,pour over cucumbers simmer 2 hrs on stove.drain and throw liquid away.
- 4 cups water.
- 10-12 cups sugar.
- 4 cups dark vinegar.
- 1 pkg cinnamon red hot candies.
- 8 cinnamon sticks.
- bring to a boil, pour over cucumbers in crock or pail.
- 3rd day:drain, reboil syrup, repour over cucumbers, (take out cinnamon sticks when boiling.
- 4th day ; same as third.
- 5th day ; drain and place cucumbers in 12 pint sized jars, heat up syrup ,pour over cucumbers, seal in hot water bath 10 minutes, you could half the recipe for 6 jars.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!