Recipe by Chef Judie
This recipe is one my sister learned when she was in Home Ec class in the 60s. Watch out! The cheese stuffing can be addictive. I usually end up snacking on the stuffing as I prepare the recipe.
- 1⁄2 cup crushed corn chips (Fritoes or a similar brand, not tortilla chips)
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated onions
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 cup tomato sauce
- 10 frankfurters
- 1⁄4 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix corn chips, grated cheese, grated onion, Worcestershire sauce, and tomato sauce in medium-size mixing bowl.
- Split franks lengthwise.
- Fill with corn chip-cheese stuffing and place in shallow baking pan.
- Add water to pan and bake uncovered for 15 minutes.