Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe is one my sister learned when she was in Home Ec class in the 60s. Watch out! The cheese stuffing can be addictive. I usually end up snacking on the stuffing as I prepare the recipe.
- 1⁄2 cup crushed corn chips (Fritoes or a similar brand, not tortilla chips)
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated onions
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 cup tomato sauce
- 10 frankfurters
- 1⁄4 cup water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix corn chips, grated cheese, grated onion, Worcestershire sauce, and tomato sauce in medium-size mixing bowl.
- Split franks lengthwise.
- Fill with corn chip-cheese stuffing and place in shallow baking pan.
- Add water to pan and bake uncovered for 15 minutes.