Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Based very loosely on the Cinna-Lentil Muffins. These definitely taste like health food, but I enjoy them nonetheless.
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 cup cooked red lentil (unsalted)
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger (or more, to taste)
- 5 tablespoons flax seeds
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup dried apricot, chopped
- Oven at 350°F.
- In blender, mix eggs, lentils, salt, vanilla extract, sugar, honey until smooth.
- Mix dry stuff: baking powder, flour, flax seeds, dried fruit, nuts.
- Add liquid to dry ingredients, mix until *just* combined.
- Bake 20 minutes. Turn at halfway point for even cooking.
- Any desired combination of dried fruit and nuts is appropriate.
- Optional: 1/4-1/2 cup applesauce for texture. I personally find the texture fine without.