Prep 15 mins
Cook 7 mins
Very tasty, and a healthier choice than most cookies as they are lower in fat and calories than a lot of the others. When you're watching your waistline or on a lowfat diet, that really counts! :)
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 1⁄2 cup molasses
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Grease cookie sheets.
- Sift together flours, ginger, cloves, cinnamon, salt, and baking soda into a large mixing bowl; mix well.
- In another bowl, beat together oil, eggs, molasses, honey, and brown sugar until frothy; stir into flour mixture, mixing until batter forms.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto greased baking sheets far apart, as cookies will spread; bake at 375 degrees F.
- for 5-7 minutes or until cookies are firm and lightly brown.
- Watch closely to ensure that they don't scorch.
- Remove from sheets with spatula and cool on wire racks.
We loved these cookies! We ended up adding an additional 1/2 cup flour as the dough was very loose. Because we like more 'snap' an extra 1/2 tablespoon of Ginger and cinnamon was also added. They are soft and wonderfully tasty!
These were soft and delicious. They taste too good to be so low in calories. I used some of these to make icecream sandwiches with a scoop of frozen yogurt between two ginger cookies. A nice treat!
Chewy and delicious! Kids and parents loved them because they are so soft!