Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Recipe from the West Indies, lovely different way to eat fish.
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- salt and black pepper
- 4 trout fillets
- 2 medium mangoes, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped tarragon
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 tomatoes, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon light brown sugar
- 8 ounces fish stock
- 2 ounces butter
- 2 spring onions, cut into long strips
- Place the flour, salt and pepper on a plate, mix well and use to coat the fish, shaking off any excess flour. Melt the butter in large frying pan until sizzling, add the fish and cook for 6 minutes on each side until well browned all over. Remove from the pan with a slotted spoon and set aside in warm place.
- Meanwhile, place the mango, garlic, tarragon, onion, tomato, ginger, sugar and stock in a food processor and process until smooth.
- Add blended sauce to frying pan, bring to the boil stirring then reduce the heat and simmer, uncovered, for 2 minutes.
- Return the fish to the pan, spooning the sauce over fish, cover and simmer gently for 15 minutes, turning the fish once. Serve immediately.