Prep 35 mins
Cook 55 mins
This is a delicious, low fat pumpkin pie. The pumpkin is not too overpowering and is set off well by the gingersnap topping. Perfect for a cool fall evening!
- 7 1⁄2 ounces packages refrigerated pie dough
- 10 gingersnap cookies
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 tablespoons chilled butter, cut into small pieces
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 large egg whites
- 1 large egg
- 1 (15 ounce) canunsweetened pumpkin
- 1 (12 ounce) can fat-free evaporated milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Fit dough into a 10 inch pie plate, fold edges under and flute.
- Freeze for 30 minutes.
- Place cookies, 2 Tbsp sugar and flour in a food processor and process until ground.
- Add butter, pulse until crumbly.
- Combine 3/4 c sugar and remaining ingredients and pour into crust.
- Bake at 350 for 35 minutes.
- Sprinkle top with crumb mixture and bake for another 20 minutes or until center is set.
- Cool on a wire rack.