Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Really nice served along side chicken, fish or pork. Also can be used as a dip for crackers. You can also use fresh pineapple for this. The jalepeno's are optional but if you like sweet and hot like I do add them you won't be sorry., This makes 2 quarts of salsa.
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks in juice
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple in juice (natural juice)
- 1 cup toasted shredded coconut
- 1 cup thinly sliced scallion (green part only)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh jalapeno (seeded and chopped optional)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh gingerroot (minced )
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 lemons, juice and zest of
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro
- Combine ingredients in a large serving bowl. Mix well and refrigerate until ready to serve.