Recipe by justcallmetoni
This bread toasts well for breakfast. Adopted this recipes in September 2006. Looks lovely.
Top Review by Nado2003
YUMMY! I have a new favorite pumpkin cranberry bread recipe. I chose this recipe because of the fresh ginger and cranberries. LOVE the fresh ginger taste and smell. I made pumpkin puree from scratch because my son was at the pumpkin patch last week and he wanted me to make pumpkin bread with it. I used fresh whole cranberries because I love cranberries. They add a nice tart taste to the sweet bread. Some people may not like the tartness but I love it. I thought the batter looked runny but I followed the recipe exactly and had to have faith - the recipe was right again. I baked four mini-loaves in about 40 minutes. I am going to make these for holiday gifts - may omit cranberries for the general public. Thank you for a wonderful recipe. LOVE IT.
- 354.88 ml flour
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 1.23 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml salt
- 2.46 ml nutmeg
- 2.46 ml cinnamon
- 88.74 ml butter
- 177.44 ml sugar
- 118.29 ml brown sugar
- 44.37 ml freshly grated gingerroot
- 2 eggs
- 236.59 ml pumpkin puree (canned pumpkin)
- 177.44 ml milk
- 236.59 ml chopped cranberries, fresh or frozen
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter and flour a 9-by-5-inch (8-cup) loaf pan and reserve.
- Sift together flour, soda, baking powder, salt, nutmeg and cinnamon; reserve.
- In a mixer with paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugars together with the ginger.
- Then add eggs and pumpkin and mix.
- Add dry ingredients in 3 batches, alternating with the milk, beating in just long enough to combine.
- Take care not to overmix at this point.
- Fold in chopped cranberries.
- Scrape batter into prepared pan.
- Tap on the counter to remove any air bubbles and bake in preheated oven for about 1½ hours, or until a toothpick comes out clean when poked in the center.
- After 45 minutes, rotate pan and place a sheet of aluminum foil loosely over loaf to prevent overbrowning.
- (Ovens bake differently so use your best judgment and a doneness test when gauging cooking time.) Cool in pan for 10 minutes, then remove to a rack and turn right-side-up to cool.