Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
This bread toasts well for breakfast. Adopted this recipes in September 2006. Looks lovely.
Make and share this Gingered Cranberry Pumpkin Bread recipe from Food.com.
- 354.88 ml flour
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 1.23 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml salt
- 2.46 ml nutmeg
- 2.46 ml cinnamon
- 88.74 ml butter
- 177.44 ml sugar
- 118.29 ml brown sugar
- 44.37 ml freshly grated gingerroot
- 2 eggs
- 236.59 ml pumpkin puree (canned pumpkin)
- 177.44 ml milk
- 236.59 ml chopped cranberries, fresh or frozen
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter and flour a 9-by-5-inch (8-cup) loaf pan and reserve.
- Sift together flour, soda, baking powder, salt, nutmeg and cinnamon; reserve.
- In a mixer with paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugars together with the ginger.
- Then add eggs and pumpkin and mix.
- Add dry ingredients in 3 batches, alternating with the milk, beating in just long enough to combine.
- Take care not to overmix at this point.
- Fold in chopped cranberries.
- Scrape batter into prepared pan.
- Tap on the counter to remove any air bubbles and bake in preheated oven for about 1½ hours, or until a toothpick comes out clean when poked in the center.
- After 45 minutes, rotate pan and place a sheet of aluminum foil loosely over loaf to prevent overbrowning.
- (Ovens bake differently so use your best judgment and a doneness test when gauging cooking time.) Cool in pan for 10 minutes, then remove to a rack and turn right-side-up to cool.
YUMMY! I have a new favorite pumpkin cranberry bread recipe. I chose this recipe because of the fresh ginger and cranberries. LOVE the fresh ginger taste and smell. I made pumpkin puree from scratch because my son was at the pumpkin patch last week and he wanted me to make pumpkin bread with it. I used fresh whole cranberries because I love cranberries. They add a nice tart taste to the sweet bread. Some people may not like the tartness but I love it. I thought the batter looked runny but I followed the recipe exactly and had to have faith - the recipe was right again. I baked four mini-loaves in about 40 minutes. I am going to make these for holiday gifts - may omit cranberries for the general public. Thank you for a wonderful recipe. LOVE IT.
Fantastic!!! The ginger is KEY! Even if you didn't want to put cranberries in this, it would still be a great pumpkin bread recipe. This is the most flavorful pumpkin bread I've ever eaten. All my other recipes seem bland compared to this!
I made this for Thanksgiving this year, and my family inhaled it! I thought the fresh ginger was a pain to grate, but it sure made a difference. The bread was very moist, and I loved the dried cranberries in it. I didn't chop the cranberries, they were already small enough. I'm definitely saving this recipe for next year!