Cranberry Pumpkin Bread (Sugar Free - Splenda)
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 2 cups canned pumpkin
- 1 cup skim milk
- 3⁄4 cup Splenda granular, sugar substitute
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups fresh cranberries, rinsed
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon Splenda granular, sugar substitute
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl stir together wet ingredients, combining the pumpkin, milk, splenda, and eggs.
- In a separate bowl stir together dry ingredients, combining the flour, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, ginger, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients and cranberries to the wet mixture, stirring only until just combined. Be careful not to over mix the batter.
- Pour batter into a greased loaf pan. Combine topping ingredients and sprinkle over the top of the pan. Pressing the topping down slightly will help it adhere to the bread.
- Bake approximately 60 minutes or until a toothpick can be inserted and come out clean.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Instead of loaves, I made this recipe into wonderful low-fat sugar-free muffins! I am always looking for healthier muffins for me, and these are fantastic! The only changes I made were to reduce the Splenda (I can't handle its sweetness too much), omit the topping, add slightly more of the spices to taste, add an extra 1/2 teaspoon baking soda, and scant 1/2 cup skim milk powder, as per the Splenda baking suggestions on the bag. (they suggest 1/2 tsp extra soda and 1/2 cup skim milk powder per 1 cup of splenda used). These turned out suprisingly fluffy and fairly moist! I didn't use paper liners because I find they stick too much with low-fat muffins, so I sprayed the pan instead. An absolute make again! Thanks! ^_^
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I love cooking and I especially love trying to find ways to make healthy, well rounded dishes that make me and my husband happy while on a budget. We have a dream to one day open up a luncheonette and gourmet deli in a small coastal town. <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/adoptedspring08.jpg"> <img src="http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j166/ZaarNicksMom/PACsticker-Adopted.jpg">