Recipe by IMPROBABLE3
This recipe was inspired by some other recipes of flavored coffees, and makes a variation of plain, "harder" coffee granita.
- 3 cups double-strength espresso coffee, made with
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 orange rind, thinly pared
- 1 egg white
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the hot ginger flavored coffee with the sugar, stirring until dissolved.
- Add the orange peel and let stand at room temperature until it is tepid.
- Discard rind and put in freezer.
- When partially frozen, break the ice crystals with a fork.
- Beat the egg white until peaks form and carefully fold into mixture. Put in freezer again.
- Before serving, beat it with a hand mixer until foamy.
- You may need to scrap it with a fork or even let it soften in fridge before doing this if it has been in the freezer for a long time, like overnight.