Prep 25 mins
Cook 5 mins
A recipe from FBNR.
- 3 cups finely shredded cabbage
- 4 green onions with tops, finely chopped
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 lb ground chicken, cooked and drained
- 24 wonton wrappers, at room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1⁄2 teaspoon honey
- 1⁄8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- Steam cabbage 5 minutes, then cool to room temperature. Squeeze out any excess moisture; set aside.
- To prepare filling, combine egg white, soy sauce, 1/4 teaspoon red pepper, ginger and green onions in large bowl; blend well. Stir in cabbage and chicken.
- To prepare pot stickers, place 1 tablespoon filling in center of 1 wonton wrapper. Gather edges around filling, pressing firmly at top to seal. Repeat with remaining wrappers and filling.
- Place pot stickers on large baking sheet dusted with cornstarch. Refrigerate 1 hour or until cold.
- Meanwhile, to prepare sauce, combine remaining ingredients except oil in small bowl; mix well. Set aside.
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over high heat. Add pot stickers and cook until bottoms are golden brown. Pour sauce over top. Cover and cook 3 minutes. Uncover and cook until all liquid is absorbed.
- Serve warm on tray as finger food or on small plates with chopsticks as first course.