Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
For all of us asparagus lovers out there! Now we can have them with our Asian dinners :) (source - net) (time doesn't inclue chill time)
- 3⁄4 cup rice vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 lb asparagus, trimmed
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- Combine vinegar and ginger in small saucepan; bring to a boil.
- Cook 10 to 15 minutes over medium heat. Stir in sugar. Set aside.
- Steam asparagus just until tender but firm. Combine garlic, oils, salt and soy sauce. Arrange asparagus on platter; pour garlic mixture over.
- Cover and refrigerate.
- About one hour or so before serving, pour the vinegar mixture over asparagus.
- Serve cool.
We loved this. I altered the recipe a little, instead of rice vinegar I used apple cider vinegar and had to used dried instead of fresh spices. Perfect compliment