Recipe by threeovens
This slaw has no cabbage. It really is made from apples. The recipe comesffrom a grocery store pamphlet.
Top Review by Debbwl
Adored the savory twist on the tasty apple salad, I did make two very minor changes the first was to use Colby cheese instead of Cheddar as that is what I had on hand and the other was to cut the mayo in half (trying to cut the fat just a little). We both thought we would like to try this with lime juice in place of the rice vinegar. Thanks for the post.
- 2 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon fresh gingerroot, peeled and finely grated
- 1 fuji apple, cored and cut into matchsticks
- 2 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, coarsely grated (1/2 cup)
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, coarsely chopped