Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
A non-alcoholic punch from Senegal. Adapted from the Barbecue Bible.
Make and share this Gingere Ananas recipe from Food.com.
- 1 piece fresh ginger, 4-inch, cut in 1/4-inch slices
- 3 cups diced fresh pineapple
- 3 tablespoons sugar (or more to taste)
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 4 cups cold water
- Place all ingredients in a blender.
- Puree until smooth.
- Strain liquid into a pitcher, pressing pulp with the back of a spoon to extract all the juice.
- Add more sugar if needed.
- Serve over ice.
After reading the reviews, I decided to double the recipe, but otherwise stuck to the ingredients given! Very, very refreshing & enjoyable beverage, & I'll definitely be making this again & again during the warm summer months! Such a nice change from our usual lemonades & ice teas! Thanks for sharing this wonderful recipe! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]
This is a great drink, and a great combination of lime juice, ginger and pineapple. I doubled it so it would last the whole day, and it gets better if you let it refrigerate for a few hours before enjoying. It did last until the morning and it made for a good breakfast drink as well.
What a terrific recipe Chocolatl. I really enjoyed this pineapple ginger treat. What flavor, it was sweet, fresh and refreshing, smooth as silk. I will be enjoying this all summer. What a great way to use fresh pineapples. Thanks so much for sharing. Made for ZWT7