Prep 40 mins
Cook 10 mins
"These charming cookie people are delightfl for children. Tied with ribbons and hung on windows or Christmas trees, they are great decorations" (Recipe and description courtesy of Chef Express Home Baking)
- 4 ounces margarine
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 1⁄2 cups plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons golden syrup
- Cream together the maragine and brown sugar, and beat in the egg yolk, mixing well.
- Sift the flour, baking soda and ginger and gradually blend into the creamed mixture, along with the golden syrup.
- Knead lightly to form a soft dough.
- Divide the dough into small portions.
- Roll out each portion of dough into a thickness of 1/4 inch between two sheet of greaseproof paper.
- Cut into shaps using cutters.
- Place on lightly greased oven trays. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Cool on trays. Decorate with icing, if desired.