Recipe by Annacia
As a fancy dessert. This is a recipe I came up with when I had to use what was in the pantry. It turned out well enough to pass on to the Zaar family. I made half a recipe of Moist, Tender Spice Cake: Gingerbread Variation for this. Time does not include making the gingerbread cake.
Top Review by justcallmetoni
This was a delicious combination and really made a few simple ingredients transform into something fresh and delicious. In my case, it was also a wonderfully easy and low point treat as I used Recipe #143452 and Recipe #73724 as my main ingredients. Topped it with a little sugar free caramel syrup (sorry no vanilla) and some Cool Whip free. Ahhhhhh, heaven for only 3 points. Thanks!
- 1 (9 inch) gingerbread (homemade is best)
- 1 (540 ml) can apple pie filling
- whipped topping (canned, in a tub or homemade)
- vanilla-flavored syrup (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut 1/2 of the gingerbread into squares 1/2 to 3/4 inch in size.
- Spoon the apple pie filling into 4 dessert dishes.
- Arrange the gingerbread cubes over the apples (you will have leftover gingerbread).
- Lightly drizzle the vanilla syrup over the gingerbread cubes in the dishes (if using syrup), you don't want to use so much that it will make the gingerbread soggy.
- Top with whipped topping and serve at once.