Prep 50 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 100 g dark brown sugar
- 150 g golden syrup
- 10 ml powdered ginger
- 150 g butter
- 1 egg
- 5 ml bicarbonate of soda
- 5 ml hot water
- 450 g plain flour
- oven 180oc/gas 4 for 8/10 mins at top of oven.
- *the syrup mixture must cool for about half an hour and the dough must rest also for a half an hour so allow some time in advance for this.
- *melt sugar/syrup/butter and spice slowly and cool.
- in a large saucepan.
- Beat an egg and mix the bicarb with water.
- Mix this into the syrup mixture.
- Start adding the flour slowly and mixing it all inches.
- It will start to get hard towards the end but just keep going. If the mixture is too still at the end part of the mixing , put your bowl over a bowl of warm water and this will loosen the mixture slightly to enable you to mix in the last amount of flour.
- Chill the dough in cling film for about half an hour and its ready to use.
- this dough is extremely versatile and will take on any shape or indentation, shape or pattern. See edible birthday cards.
Good recipe. Bake at 350 for 8 to 10 min
There is a conversion option right above the ingredients.
cool, this is way easier than my recipe, for all the americans the golden syrup is corn syrup, i know cos im english and i have to convert a lot of these recipes