Recipe by Annacia
Ginger coffee hails from Yemen and rivals any flavored coffee that comes from the coffee shops. It is sweetened with sugar and ground ginger is added. I have added other spices that I enjoy.
- 354.88 ml water
- 9.85-14.78 ml extra fine ground coffee (should be almost a powder)
- 19.71 ml sugar
- 4.92 ml ground ginger (or to taste)
- 1.23 ml cardamom
- 1.23 ml allspice
Directions See How It's Made
- In an ibrik or small saucepan combine all ingredients.
- Bring to a boil and remove from heat.
- Once the coffee stops bubbling, place back onto stove.
- top and allow to come to a boil.
- Remove from heat and repeat.
- Serve in demitasse cups, being sure to allow the coffee to sit for a minute before serving to allow the grinds to fall to the bottom.