This recipe is from the Pillsbury Fall Baking Booklet that I found in the checkout aisle of the grocery store.
My Private Note
dozen c ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 350 degrees. Line bottom and sides of 13 x 9-inch pan with foil, extending foil 2 inches on 2 opposite sides of pan.
- 2In large bowl, beat butter and brown sugar with electric mixer on medium speed, scraping bowl occasionally, until fluffy. On low speed, beat in flour, ground ginger and nutmeg until crumbly. Stir in crystallized ginger. Press dough firmly in pan. Prick surface generously with fork.
- 3Bake 18-22 minutes or until light golden brown and set. Cool 10 minutes. Remove from pan by lifting foil. To make 24 squares, cut into 6 rows by 4 rows by pressing down with a long knife (do not use sawing motion). Cut each square diagonally in half to make triangles. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- 4In small mircowaveable bowl, microwave chocolate uncovered on High 1 minute. Stir; microwave 30 seconds longer, stirring every 15 seconds, until completely melted. Dip one short, flat edge of each triangular cookie in chocolate; if necessary, shake off any excess chocolate. Place on waxed paper; let stand until chocolate is set before storing between layers of waxed paper in loosely covered container.
- 5TIP: To quickly set the chocolate, place the dipped cookies in the refrigerator for a few minutes.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ginger Shortbread Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (12 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 48
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 64.1
- Calories from Fat 35
- Total Fat 3.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 10.1 mg
- Sodium 28.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 0.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
bittersweet baking chocolate