Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
A lovely light and rose flavored custard. Very pretty garnished with rose petals.
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 6 slices fresh gingerroot
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rose water
- 2 tablespoons sweet sherry
- In a large bowl, beat the egg yolks with an electric mixer; add a pinch of salt and continue beating until yolks are a pale-lemon color.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, warm the ginger slices and heavy cream. Do not boil.
- With a slotted spoon, remove the ginger slices; add the rosewater.
- Pour the flavored cream over the egg yolks and mix well.
- Over a double boiler, cook the custard mix, stirring constantly, until it thickens and coats the back of a spoon.
- Add the sherry and cool the custard over an ice-water bath.
- Pour the custard into serving dishes.