1/1 Photo of Ginger-Pear Crisp
I found this at Diabetic living. Had to post having ingredients I enjoy like pears, ginger and cranberries how can you go wrong.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 small pears, peeled, cored, and sliced (12 ounces)
- 2 teaspoons dried cranberries, chopped
- 1 tablespoon orange juice or 1 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoons crystallized ginger, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar, packed
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon sliced almonds
- low-fat vanilla yogurt (optional)
- crystallized ginger, Coarsely chopped (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 2In a small bowl, combine pears, cranberries, orange juice or water, the 2 teaspoons finely chopped crystallized ginger, the cinnamon, and vanilla. Divide mixture between two 8- to 10-ounce individual baking dishes.
- 3In another small bowl, stir together oats, brown sugar, and flour. Stir in melted butter. Sprinkle oat mixture and almonds over pear mixture in baking dishes.
- 4Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until pears are tender and almonds are golden brown. Serve warm. If desired, top with yogurt and additional crystallized ginger.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ginger-Pear Crisp
Serving Size: 1 (180 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 192.6
- Calories from Fat 52
- Total Fat 5.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 10.0 mg
- Sodium 31.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.6 g
- Sugars 21.2 g
- Protein 2.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: