Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Make and share this Ginger Peach Upside Down Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups sliced fresh peaches, peeled (1/4 inch/5 mm thick)
- 1 tablespoon gingerroot, grated
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon orange rind, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- Wrap foil over bottom and halfway up side of 9-inch (2.5 L) springform pan. Grease pan; set aside.
- In small saucepan, melt brown sugar with butter over medium heat until sugar is dissolved, about 2 minutes; pour into prepared pan.
- Starting at edge, arrange peaches, slightly overlapping, in concentric circles to cover completely.
- Sprinkle with ginger; set aside.
- Cake: In large bowl, beat butter with sugar until fluffy; beat in eggs, 1 at a time.
- Beat in vanilla.
- In separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, orange rind, ginger and salt.
- Stir into butter mixture alternately with sour cream, making 3 additions of flour mixture and 2 of sour cream.
- Spoon over peaches and spread without disturbing peaches.
- Set on rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake in bottom third of 350°F (180°C) oven until top springs back when lightly touched, about 1 hour.
- Let cool in pan on rack for 15 minutes.
- Invert onto flat serving plate.