- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves (thinly sliced)
- 1 tablespoon gingerroot (fresh, grated)
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of
- 1 lime, juice and zest of
- 16 large shrimp (deveined with shell intact)
- 8 cipollini onions (peeled)
- 8 piquillo peppers (orange or red not bell, these are found near olives in the store)
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk together oil, garlic, ginger, citrus juice, and zest. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Alternately thread shrimp, onions and peppers onto metal or presoaked wooden skewers.
- Place kebabs in a baking dish and pour ginger mixture over top. Marinate at room temperature, turning occasionally, for 10 minutes.
- Transfer kebabs to a preheated grill, turning and basting with marinade occasionally, until lightly charred and cooked through, about 4 minutes).