Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
Delicious Asian-flavored steak...the marinade also works well with pork, chicken or shrimp. Serve this with grilled vegetables, like baby bok choy or zucchini. Prep time does not include the 2-8 hour marinate time.
- 6 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 3 tablespoons Asian chili sauce
- 3 tablespoons peeled and grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 1 1⁄2-2 lbs sirloin steaks, about one inch thick
- Mix the first 6 ingredients and place in a zip-loc, or food grade reclosable, plastic bag.
- Add the steak, close the bag and smoosh it around to get the marinade completely covering the steak; refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or up to 8 hours, turning occasionally; remove from fridge 30 minutes before grilling.
- Prepare a charcoal or gas grill for direct grilling over high heat; oil the grill rack; remove the steak from the marinade and discard the marinade.
- Grill the steak over the hottest part of the fire (or heat element for gas grills) until it is nicely charred and cooked to your liking, 4-6 minutes per side for medium-rare.
- Let the meat rest for 3-5 minutes, then cut into slices to serve.
Very, very good!!! Wonderful flavors!
Delicious! We loved this mariniade--just the right amount of a kick and the steaks were so tender after marinating about 5 hours. Thanks Jude we will be making this marinade again soon using pork and chicken along with steaks.