Prep 1 hr 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
I was looking through one of my old cookbooks for some new inspiration and came across this recipe. Since I had some beautiful fresh limes, I gave it a go. The meat comes out so beautifully tender and flavourful. The minimum marinating time is 1 hour but if you can marinate the chops longer, by all means do so. Marinating time is included in the prep time.
- 4 pork loin chops, around 1-inch thick
- 2 limes
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Trim the fat from the pork chops.
- Place in a single layer in a dish.
- Grate the zest and squeeze the juice from the limes.
- Combine the juice and zest with the oil, ginger, coriander and cumin and mix well.
- Pour over the chops, cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour, or preferably over night, turning occasionally.
- Barbeque over medium hot coals about 8 to 10 minutes on each side or until faintly pink on the inside, basting often with the marinade.