Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
These are VERY gingery! Submitted for the Cafe Cookie Book by windtear.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups white sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 1 tablespoon self-rising flour
- Preheat oven to 300°F and prepare a baking sheet (grease and flour, or line with baking paper).
- Cream butter and sugar, add beaten egg and mix thoroughly. Sift ginger and flour through a sieve into mixture and mix well for six minutes.
- Roll into balls and place on baking sheet. Bake for approximately 30 minutes.