Prep 1 hr
Cook 5 mins
Fast and easy, makes a great appetizer over throw it over pasta. (Published with permission from Coombs Family Farms)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon 100% pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 16 large shrimp, heads removed, deveined, peeled with tails on
- In a bowl, combine first 6 ingredients.
- Add shrimp, and cover with plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate for one hour.
- Skewer shrimp and grill over medium-high heat until just cooked through.
Five stars for "quick and easy"! I did not use 16 large shrimp but had to use a packet of frozen shrimp which I peeled and deveined: I think I had just over 1 lb shrimp. The marinade is simple with no pretensions, but the balance of sweet and acid was just right. Also, it was just enough for my shrimps. The intention was to grill outside over wood coals, but we decided my shrimp were not large enough. So I skewered them, but put them in a 350 F/180 C oven for 10 minutes. That was just long enough to get juicy shrimps. Thanks!!