Recipe by Melvin'sWifey
Salmon is the best! Especially when you kick it up a few notches with jalapenos, ginger, and garlic!! If you'd like yours to be spicer, just leave some of the seeds in the jalapenos. Marinating time not included in cooking time. This is great with a side of asparagus. Got this recipe and tweaked it quite a bit from grouprecipes website.
- 36 ounces salmon steaks
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, chopped (10 slices or so)
- 2 jalapenos, chopped and seeded
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
Directions See How It's Made
- In the work bowl of a blender or food processor, combine all the ingredients except the fish.
- Blend until a fine paste is formed.
- Scrape into a bowl.
- Add the salmon steaks and mix well to coat the steaks on both sides.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Heat the barbecue or broiler to high.
- Place the salmon steaks on the grill or 4 inches (10 cm) away from the broiler element and grill 3-4 minutes on each side for medium, brushing with the marinade.
- Serve immediately.