Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
I searched the Recipezaar recipes and found one close but this is still quite different. This recipe is by Ken Wotherspoon and won top honors in a Beef recipe contest. I have had this recipe tucked away for years and have not tried it - come BBQ time it is the top of the list. Sounds wonderful Preparation time does not include the 4 hour to overnight marinating time.
- 4 (6 -8 ounce) marinating steaks (Flank, Sirloin Tip, Inside or outside round)
- 2 tablespoons mustard powder
- 1⁄2 cup garlic, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup fresh oregano, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh thyme, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- Sprinkle both sides of the steaks with the mustard powder.
- In a shallow, non metallic bowl large enough to hold the steaks in a single layer mix all the remaining ingredients.
- Place the steaks in the marinade spooning half the mixture on top of the steaks.
- Refrigerate covered for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Preheat BBQ to medium-high heat, oil the grill, remove steaks from the marinade cook approx 4 minutes each side for medium rare.
- Remove from grill, cover loosely with foil, place in a warm place and allow the steaks to rest for 10 minutes before serving.
- * These steaks may also be pan fried or cooked on a George Foreman type grill timing is approx the same.