This is a delicious stir-fry recipe and a really quick and easy dinner. Although the original recipe calls for asparagus, I have used fresh green beans (cut into 1-inch pieces) in place of the asparagus. The amounts for this recipe serves really only about 3 people, however all ingredients can easily be doubled to serve more. This is delicious!
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger (can use more if desired)
- 3 fresh minced garlic cloves (or to taste)
- 2 -3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into about 1/2-inch strips
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1⁄3 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms (fresh or canned)
- 2 cups asparagus, sliced into 1-inch pieces
- 4 green onions, sliced diagonally
- toasted sesame seeds
- In a small bowl, combine the lemon juice, soy sauce, fresh ginger and garlic; mix/whisk to combine.
- Toss the chicken pieces well with about 3 tablespoons of the lemon/soy mixture; reserve the remaining mixture.
- Dissolve/whisk the cornstarch in chicken broth.
- Heat the oil in a wok or frying pan until hot.
- Add in mushrooms and chicken; stir over high heat until chicken looses the pink colour.
- Add in asparagus and green onions, continue to stir over high heat until veggies at crisp-tender.
- Add/stir in broth/cornstarch mixture and reserved soy sauce mixture until thickened.
- Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds.
- Serve over rice or cooked pasta.