Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I found this recipe in Martha Stewart's Living January/2008 edition.
Make and share this Ginger Beef and Kale recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb filet mignon, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons finely grated fresh ginger
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium onion, grated
- 1⁄4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 small dried hot red chilies, crumbled
- 1⁄4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 bunch kale, stems discarded, leaves cut into 3 pieces each and rinsed several times (1 1/2 lbs)
- 1⁄2 cup low sodium beef broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Combine beef, ginger, garlic, onion, paprika, chilies and salt in a bowl, making sure beef is well coated.
- Heat oil in a large saute pan over med high heat.
- Add beef mixture, and cook stirring frequently, until lightly browned, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir in kale, cover and reduce heat to med low.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until wilted and tender, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Uncover, and raise heat to med high.
- Add stock and cook stirring and scraping bottom of pan, for 1 minute.
- Season with pepper.