katie in the UP's Note:
I found this recipe in Martha Stewart's Living January/2008 edition.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb filet mignon, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons finely grated fresh ginger
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium onion, grated
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 small dried hot red chilies, crumbled
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 bunch kale, stems discarded, leaves cut into 3 pieces each and rinsed several times (1 1/2 lbs)
- 1/2 cup low sodium beef broth
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1Combine beef, ginger, garlic, onion, paprika, chilies and salt in a bowl, making sure beef is well coated.
- 2Heat oil in a large saute pan over med high heat.
- 3Add beef mixture, and cook stirring frequently, until lightly browned, 2 to 3 minutes.
- 4Stir in kale, cover and reduce heat to med low.
- 5Cook, stirring occasionally, until wilted and tender, 5 to 7 minutes.
- 6Uncover, and raise heat to med high.
- 7Add stock and cook stirring and scraping bottom of pan, for 1 minute.
- 8Season with pepper.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ginger Beef and Kale
Serving Size: 1 (209 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 366.1
- Calories from Fat 236
- Total Fat 26.3 g
- Saturated Fat 10.3 g
- Cholesterol 79.3 mg
- Sodium 224.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 22.8 g