Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Have not tried this yet, keeping it here for safe keeping. From James Martin and the BBC
- 4 digestive biscuits
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 10 1⁄2 ounces cream cheese (full fat)
- 4 pieces ginger in syrup, 2 finely chopped, 2 halved, plus
- 4 tablespoons ginger syrup, from the jar
- 3 tablespoons dark chocolate (grated)
- sugar, twists (optional)
- Crush the biscuits by placing them into a bag or clean tea towel and hitting with a rolling pin. Pour the crumbs into a bowl and mix with the softened butter. Place two 5cm/2in chefs' rings onto serving plates and fill with the crumb mixture to form the base of the cheesecake.
- Place the cream cheese into a bowl with the chopped stem ginger and about four tablespoons of the syrup from the jar and mix well. Spoon the mixture into the rings and smooth the top with a palette knife.
- Sprinkle each cheesecake with the grated chocolate, then top with the ginger pieces.
- To loosen the rings, quickly warm around the edges using a warm cloth or a mini-blowtorch, then lift off the rings.
- To serve, garnish with a sugar twist.