Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
Tasty, tender chicken breast with an Asian flavour.
Make and share this Ginger and Star Anise Poached Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- Place chicken in a small saucepan with all the other ingredients.
- Slowly bring to the boil and simmer over medium heat for 8-10 minutes, or until just cooked through.
- Remove chicken from liquid.
- Serve chicken, thinly sliced on a bed of jasmine rice and baby bok choy.
- You can also make a sauce for the chicken using 3 tablespoons vegetable oil (heated in a small pan), then add 1 1/2 tablespoons grated ginger and 4 finely sliced green onions with a little salt.
- Stir and serve over chicken if desired.
- Strain the stock and reserve for another use (makes a lovely soup base).
This chicken recipe will definitely be made again! The smells in the kitchen and the chicken were wonderful. I simmered the chicken than lightly browned it. Made the sauce and served the chicken atop brown rice with the sauce spooned over. So good, thank you dale!