Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Try this special steamed rice if you like ginger and oysters!
Make and share this Ginger and Oyster Steamed Rice recipe from Food.com.
- 1 2⁄3 cups asian white rice (not jasmine rice)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon white pepper powder
- 2 tablespoons ginger, finely sliced
- 2 (3 3/4 ounce) packagessmoked oysters
- 1 tablespoon chinese rice wine (cooking michiu)
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro, coarsely chopped
- Wash rice and drain.
- In a measuring cup, add soy sauce first and then water until it reaches 1 2/3 cups. Pour the water mixture into rice.
- Continue to add white pepper powder and ginger. Combine well. Cover and set aside for 15 minutes.
- Place oysters on top of the rice. Sprinkle rice wine over the oysters. Cook in a rice cooker. When the rice cooker switches to the "warm" setting, let rice rest in it for 10 minutes before uncovering.
- Gently stir rice until loose. Sprinkle cilantro and serve!
Very good and unique rice. I don't like smoked things, so I used regular canned oysters. It was still good. I had this with Thai food, so I used fish sauce instead of soy sauce. This rice isn't for everyone, but I liked the strong oyster and white pepper flavor.