Recipe by Krsi Sue
During WWII, the Montana-Dakota Utilities Company published monthly recipes and at Christmas, sent out a Holiday menu. This is from my grandma's (Gigi)collection of recipes from them. It's deliciously light, spicy and not too rich and filling to top off a hearty dinner. Passive time is chilling time.
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup water, boiling
- 1 egg, separated
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon rind, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix cornstarch and sugar in saucepan.
- Add water, bring to a boil and cook over low heat for 5 minutes while stirring constantly.
- Mix egg yolk and lemon juice together.
- Add to heated mixture and stir.
- Remove from heat.
- Beat egg white until stiff but not dry.
- Fold heated mixture and lemond rind into egg whites.