Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
Just a light soup that would boost metabolism and would still be nutritious and yummy.... to me that is. Hope you will enjoy it as well!
- 1 piece fresh ginger (smaller)
- 1⁄2 lb champignon mushrooms
- 1⁄2 lb baby carrots
- 1⁄2 lb fresh green beans
- 4 pieces dried shiitake mushrooms
- 1⁄4 lb kombu seaweed
- 1⁄8 gallon beef broth
- 1⁄2 gallon water
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili
- PREPARATION: Place shiitake mushroom in water and let them soak up the water 2-3 hours prior to cooking.
- COOKING: Peel ginger, cut into three 1-2 inch pieces.
- Slice up seaweed and mushrooms: both champion and shiitake.
- Pour broth and water in a saucepan and add spices including the ginger pieces.
- Warm up broth with spices then add rest of the ingredients.
- Cook for about 35 minutes.
- Seasoning depends on your own preferences, if you dont like it that spicy, put less ginger and chili. If vegetarian you can substitute broth.