Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
My husband brought this delightful recipe with him from Egypt. It is a quick and easy sandwich spread or it can also be used as a dip mix. We make this often since we both enjoy cheese.
- 8 ounces bulgarian feta cheese
- 2 roma tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 cucumber, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (optional)
- 3 -4 pita breads, warmed and cut in half
- Use a fork to mash the cheese in a medium mixing bowl.
- Add the tomatoes and cucumber.
- Mix well.
- Add in some of the oil if the mixture is too dry.
- Fill each half pita bread to eat as a sandwich or serve the dip and pitas as an appetizer.
This has become my latest summer lunch addiction! Its fresh, cheesy, crunchy and easy to put together. I have also made it adding some dried mint and a small crushed garlic clove. Cannot buy Bulgarian feta cheese here, don't even know how that tastes or what texture it has, so I used the Greek feta that is readily available here and added olive oil to the mix.
heey, thaat type of cheese is my favourite, to get a perfect one add dried mint and 1 lemon..its optional anyway but it would be perfect
it's delicious, I skipped the cucumber as it makes it a little watery, and add a pinch of ground cayenne.