1 hr 15 mins
I made these many moons ago, when I found them on a website that had a cookie contest (perhaps msn?) Anyway, they were terrific!!! Really, one of the best cookies I've ever had. Prep time includes chilling time for dough.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a double boiler over very low heat, melt chocolate and butter.
- 2Stir till mixture melts and is smooth.
- 3Remove top of pan, wipe the bottom, and set it aside to cool to lukewarm.
- 4In an electric mixer, beat sugar and eggs till thick and light-colored.
- 5Beat in melted chocolate mixture and stir in vanilla.
- 6With mixer set on lowest speed, beat in flour, baking powder, salt.
- 7Remove bowl from mixer stand.
- 8Stir in nuts and toffee.
- 9Scrape down sides of bowl, cover with plastic wrap and chill batter for 45-60 mins till firm.
- 10Set oven at 350 degs F.
- 11Line 2 baking sheets with parchment; Drop batter by 1/4 cupfulls about 2.
- 125 inches apart.
- 13Bake cookies for 15 minutes or until tops are cracked and dry, but cookies are still soft to touch.
- 14Do not overbake!
- 15These get firm as they cool.
- 16Cool on baking sheets.
- 17Store in airtight container.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Giant Chocolate Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (715 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 168.2
- Calories from Fat 78
- Total Fat 8.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 44.7 mg
- Sodium 96.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 18.5 g
- Protein 2.0 g