Prep 1 hr
Cook 15 mins
I made these many moons ago, when I found them on a website that had a cookie contest (perhaps msn?) Anyway, they were terrific!!! Really, one of the best cookies I've ever had. Prep time includes chilling time for dough.
- In a double boiler over very low heat, melt chocolate and butter.
- Stir till mixture melts and is smooth.
- Remove top of pan, wipe the bottom, and set it aside to cool to lukewarm.
- In an electric mixer, beat sugar and eggs till thick and light-colored.
- Beat in melted chocolate mixture and stir in vanilla.
- With mixer set on lowest speed, beat in flour, baking powder, salt.
- Remove bowl from mixer stand.
- Stir in nuts and toffee.
- Scrape down sides of bowl, cover with plastic wrap and chill batter for 45-60 mins till firm.
- Set oven at 350 degs F.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment; Drop batter by 1/4 cupfulls about 2.
- 5 inches apart.
- Bake cookies for 15 minutes or until tops are cracked and dry, but cookies are still soft to touch.
- Do not overbake!
- These get firm as they cool.
- Cool on baking sheets.
- Store in airtight container.