Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
My dad got this recipe and I LOVE it. We make it often.
- 1 lb bow tie pasta (farfelle)
- 1 lb asparagus (1-2 bunches)
- 1 lb mushroom, sliced (white or baby bellas)
- 1 cup mascarpone (one 8 oz container)
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup toasted walnuts or 1⁄4 cup pine nuts
- cut asparagus into 1-2 inch pieces.
- in a large skillet, (deep if you have it) melt butter.
- saute mushrooms and asparagus.
- meanwhile, cook pasta in water with salt according to package.
- drain pasta, reserving a cup of the salty starchy water.
- add the pasta to the cooked mushrooms and asparagus.
- stir in the mascarpone and parmesan cheese.
- add water if you need to (i usually only add a couple TBS).
- add nutmeg.
- garnish with nuts and extra parmesan.
- **sometimes I add cajun chicken or shrimp on top too!