Recipe by Elizabeth Fullerton
This is from the Ghirardelli website. I've made these and they are great!
Top Review by Sharlene~W
I must agree with the other reviews posted...fantastic cookie. I used 1 1/4 cups of chocolate chips as that seemed like plenty. The whole bag would have been too much. Nice texture--not at all greasy like Toll House. After first batch browned a little too much on the bottom, I lowered temperature to 350°F and cooked for 10 minutes--they cooked to golden perfection without browning the bottoms too much.
- 2 1⁄4 cups unsifted flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional) or 1 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- 1 (11 ounce) bag Ghirardelli double chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Stir flour with baking soda and salt, set aside.
- In large mixing bowl, cream butter with sugar, brown sugar, eggs and vanilla.
- Gradually blend dry mixture into creamed mixture.
- Stir in nuts and chocolate chips.
- Drop tablespoon of dough per cookie onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 375° for 9-11 minutes or until golden brown.