Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Adapted from gluten free on a shoestring blog. Expandex is available at some stores and also on Amazon.
- 1 3⁄4 cups gluten-free flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1⁄4 cup modified tapioca starch, expandex
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- 4 -6 tablespoons warm water, 85 degrees F
- If the gluten free flour contains xanthan gum, you don't need to add more. Whisk flour, xanthan gum and Expandex together, then create a well in the middle.
- Add slightly beaten eggs and 4 Tablespoons water to the well.
- Mix by hand or mixer.
- If crumbly, add more water.
- Beat until smooth: 3-4 minutes at medium high on a mixer, or longer by hand.
- Dough should be smooth and pliable. If not, add some more water. Wrap dough in plastic wrap and let sit at room temperature for about 10 minutes.
- Work with 1/2 the dough at a time. Wrap the other half tightly to prevent drying out. Use GF flour to lightly flour work surface.
- Roll out to 1/4" thick, sprinkling with GF as needed to prevent sticking.
- Use as you would regular wonton wrappers.
- To freeze extras, stack between waxed paper and put in freezer proof container.