Recipe by KateL
Entered for safe-keeping, found on The Lucky Penny blog site. Gluten-free! Grain-free!
- 3⁄4 cup almond flour or 3⁄4 cup almond meal
- 1 tablespoon ground espresso beans
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 ounces fluid dark chocolate
- 2 tablespoons coconut milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F Grease a mini muffin tin well with coconut oil or greasing method of your choice.
- In a food processor, combine all the dry ingredients for the muffins: almond meal, ground espresso beans, baking soda, nutmeg, and salt. Pulse to combine.
- Add in the wet ingredients for the muffins: egg, coconut oil, maple syrup, and vanilla. Mix on high until everything is nice and smooth.
- Fill greased muffin tins 3/4 of the way full. You should have just enough to make 12, if you really scrape the bowl clean.
- Bake for 8-9 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean. Do not over bake!
- Allow muffins to cool.
- Make the ganache. In a microwave safe bowl, combine the coconut milk and chocolate, microwave for 30 seconds, stir, microwave for 15 more seconds if it is not melted. Be careful not to burn it.
- Top muffins with desired amount of ganache.