Recipe by MommaRiss
I adapted this recipe from "Down Home With the Neely's". I switched it up to my own tasting. I served it with Funeral Potatoes, Funeral Potatoes and creamed corn. The sauce that the chicken makes is great over the potatoes. I added a couple of breasts for my kids. I hope you like, as well as, your man.
Top Review by Candy C
We really enjoyed this. I used 8 boneless, skinless thighs, diced roasted tomatoes and Italian seasoning since that's what I had on hand. I also had half a red bell pepper that I threw in with the sliced onions. Wonderful flavor and easy preparation. Thank you!
- 4 -6 skinless chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) cancrushed tomatoes in puree
- 2 tablespoons lemon pepper seasoning
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 12 inch skillet, heat oil.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Brown chicken for about 5 minutes on medium heat. Turn chicken to do the same on the other side.
- Remove chicken to a plate for later use.
- Drain pan of all but 1 tbl of oil.
- Add onions. Saute until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add white wine and chicken stock to the pan.
- Turn heat to high and boil until reduced in half.
- Now add rosemary, tomatoes, lemon pepper and return chicken to pan.
- Cover and simmer for 40-50 minutes.