Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Tasty,simple and economical side dish. Ideal for home, BBQ or camping out. Serve with eggs the way you like them, and/or, with bacon. Easy to do when the barbie's fired up!
- 2 medium potatoes
- 1 fresh onion
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 tablespoons white corn flour
- 3 ounces grated tasty cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- Freshly grate the potatoes and onion onto a chopping board or plate. Leave in a position to allow liquid to drain.
- Add the garlic, parsley and corn flour, then combine all together.
- Season well with salt and pepper,as you like.
- Heat BBQ plate or large heavy pan to medium/medium high heat.
- Tip olive oil onto hotplate, with butter, if you like, and spread around with a flat spatula.
- Using your fingers, drop the mixture onto the heat, forming patties. Do not press them down. Spread the patties around with spaces in between, tidying the edges with your spatula.Flip them only when the edges have started to turn golden brown.Continue until crispy on both sides.