Recipe by Olha
Chef Tell Erhardt won the Culinary Olympics in 1970 in Stuttgart, Germany, with this delicious recipe for pork.
Top Review by MrsDoty
This is quick to make, extremely tasty comfort food. We didn't have any red wine open, and weren't in the mood to drink any, so we used a Reisling, which worked very well. Served with roasted brussel sprouts, it was good food fast. Thanks for posting!
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 12 ounces pork loin, cut into thin slices
- 1 cup thinly sliced mushroom
- 1 cup chopped onion
- cracked black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup red wine
- 1⁄2 cup chopped parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a large skillet over high heat until very hot. Carefully add the oil and then the pork strips.
- Add the mushrooms, onions, pepper, and salt. Continue cooking for 2 to 3 minutes, or until cooked through, stirring frequently.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove the pork from the skillet and keep warm. Add the wine to the skillet and continue cooking until the mixture is reduced by half. Stir in the parsley, then return the meat to the skillet. Serve with freshly cooked noodles or spatzle. Makes 2 to 4 servings.
- Entertaining With Regis & Kathie Lee.