Recipe by Chef PotPie
This is right up our alley, and I'll be making it tomorrow. Our daughter will not be happy, but alas, she can always eat something else! I will only drain the saurkraut, and not rinse it, as we love the taste. I used fat-free half-and-half. Yummy! From Pillsbury's "C'mon Over!" cookbook.
- 1 (28 ounce) bag o'brien frozen potatoes, with peppers and onions
- 1 (14 ounce) can sauerkraut, drained and rinsed
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of potato soup
- 1 1⁄3 cups half-and-half
- 1 lb kielbasa (I use turkey lielbasa for less fat.) or 1 lb Polish sausage, cut into 6 pieces (I use turkey lielbasa for less fat.)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375°F Spray 9X13 glass baking dish with cooking spray. In baking dish mix potatoes and sauerkraut.
- In medium bowl, mix soup and half-and-half. Stir soup mixture into potato mixture; mix well. Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake 20 minutes. Arrange sausage pieces over potato mixture, pressing lightly into mixture. Bake 25 to 30 minutes longer.