Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
You will love this pate recipe even if you don't like liver.
Make and share this German Ganseleber Pate (Goose or Chicken, or Duck Pate) recipe from Food.com.
- Lightly sauté the livers in the butter so that they are still pink inside.
- Add herbs, sherry, brandy, honey, salt and pepper and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Finely puree the mixture, one cupful at a time, in a food processor or blender.
- Pack into an earthenware jar and refrigerate for 24 hours.
- Serve cold on small pieces of toasted rye bread. Serves 6.
- German Traditional Cooking.