Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
You will love this pate recipe even if you don't like liver.
- 375 g goose (12 oz.) or 375 g duck (12 oz.) or 375 g chicken livers (12 oz.)
- 125 g butter (4 oz.)
- 2 sprigs thyme, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon bay leaf powder
- 2 sprigs rosemary, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon brandy
- 1 teaspoon honey
- fresh ground black pepper
- Lightly sauté the livers in the butter so that they are still pink inside.
- Add herbs, sherry, brandy, honey, salt and pepper and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Finely puree the mixture, one cupful at a time, in a food processor or blender.
- Pack into an earthenware jar and refrigerate for 24 hours.
- Serve cold on small pieces of toasted rye bread. Serves 6.
- German Traditional Cooking.