Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
I have not tried this recipe. I got this recipe from Ossg Recipes.
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 2 egg whites, room temperature
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup sugar or 1 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 3 cups whole almonds (not salted ones) or 3 cups pecans (not salted ones)
- 4 teaspoons cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Place butter on a 15 1/2 x 10 1/2-inch jellyroll pan; place in oven to melt butter, about 7 minutes. Meanwhile, beat egg whites with salt until frothy; gradually add sugar, beating to stiff peaks.
- Gently fold in almonds and cinnamon. Pour almond mixture onto.
- jellyroll pan; toss with butter. Bake about 40 minutes, tossing every 10 minutes, until almonds are crisp.
- Serve warm or at room temperature. Store cooled in air-tight containers up to 2 weeks.
I love cinnamon roasted almonds, and this is a great recipe. I am a sucker for anything involving butter! The almonds had a richer flavor that similar recipes using water. I did find that the temperature was a little high and the cook time was a little long for my oven. The almonds started to get a little too brown after 20 minutes time using recipe specifications. I turned the oven down to 285 F, and started to check every 5 minutes. Total cook time at the lowered temp was an additional 10 minutes for perfectly brown and perfectly crunchy almonds.
These are wonderful! I used pecan halves and 1/2 sugar and 1/2 cup stevia. One batch will not last long, so think about making a double batch. Thanks internetnut for sharing this gem.
I just finished making these using pecans and followed the recipe as is. They are so good that if my family doesn't get home soon, I may have to make another batch!!