1 hr 30 mins
This is really called Compst Borscht but I didn't know how to spell that!! My mother-in-law shared this recipe with me. It jars well and makes a large batch. A family favorite. Top with sour cream or float rye bread on top before serving..
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut all vegetables into bite size pieces.
- 2Cut sausage into ½ inch rounds.
- 3Chop cabbage into bite size pieces also.
- 4Pour water into a large soup pot and add in the vegetables and the sausage and the spices.
- 5Cook for 15 to 20 minutes then add tomatoes and cream.
- 6Cook until the vegetables and sausage are tender.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for German Cabbage Borscht
Serving Size: 1 (227 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 120.7
- Calories from Fat 41
- Total Fat 4.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 16.3 mg
- Sodium 77.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 2.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: