Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is really called Compst Borscht but I didn't know how to spell that!! My mother-in-law shared this recipe with me. It jars well and makes a large batch. A family favorite. Top with sour cream or float rye bread on top before serving..
- Cut all vegetables into bite size pieces.
- Cut sausage into ½ inch rounds.
- Chop cabbage into bite size pieces also.
- Pour water into a large soup pot and add in the vegetables and the sausage and the spices.
- Cook for 15 to 20 minutes then add tomatoes and cream.
- Cook until the vegetables and sausage are tender.