Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe combines pork and beans with sauerkraut and applesauce to make a great side dish to pork or ham. Posted for ZWT #4
- 2 (15 ounce) cans pork and beans
- 1 (14 ounce) can sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground mustard
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Transfer to a 2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Bake, uncovered at 400 degrees for 1 to 1 1/2 hours or until bubbly.
We had these beans for lunch yesterday, I loved them Mary. They were awesome, flavorful and had great texture. I love the sweet, tart and tangy flavors in this dish. My dh found them too sweet, so next time I make these I will decrease the sugar to 1/4 cup for him. Thanks so much for sharing.